Stronger Communities Programme – Round 4
The objective of the Stronger Communities Programme is to fund small capital projects which will deliver social benefits. I am very proud of the quality of projects delivered to the community in Round 3.
The programme aims to improve local community participation, cohesion and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
Announced in the 2018 Budget, the grants programme will deliver $150,000 to fund small capital projects in the electorate of Bass. Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- fit-out of community centres, health centres including kitchen upgrades and equipment;
- sporting facilities upgrades including new scoreboards, spectator seating, new turf, fit-out of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade drainage and water systems, gymnasiums, and;
- purchase of equipment for local SES.
Eligible applicants can apply for funding of at least $2,500 and up to a maximum of $20,000. Applicants must be able to demonstrate matched funding for the project, in cash or in-kind. Please review the attached programme guidelines to ensure your organisation is eligible.
Round 4 is a two stage process. Firstly, all applications will be reviewed by the Bass Community Consultative Committee. Successful Expression of Interest applications will then be invited to submit a formal submission to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
How to apply:
Expressions of interest for the grant can be made by completing the online form (below).
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 5pm, 24 August 2018.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the Stronger Communities Programme guidelines and the Frequently Asked Questions are available here.
What is the process?
- Submit an Expression of Interest Application (after you read the guidelines)
- Expression of Interest Applications will be assessed by the Bass Stronger Communities Consultation Committee.
- Expressions of Interest Applications close 24 August 2018.
- From early September all successful and unsuccessful expression of interest applicants will be notified by my office via email.
- The email to successful applicants will include a link to the Stronger Communities Programme website for you to complete a full submission of our project. Click here to view a sample application.
Please note approval of your Expression of Interest Application does not guarantee your project approval. Your full application will need to be assessed by the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
For more information about the Stronger Communities Programme, please contact my office on 6334 7033.
STRONGER COMMUNITIES PROGRAMME – ROUND 4
Please complete this expression of interest form below and lodge by 5pm, Friday 24 August 2018.
If you have any questions, please call my office on 6334 7033.
If you wish to attach any supporting information – plans, prices etc and letters of support, please email me.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE STRONGER COMMUNITIES PROGRAMME – CLICK HERE